[systemd-devel] Help with boot time debugging

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Tue Oct 4 20:55:24 UTC 2016

Hello folks!

I'm developing a Dracut module and I need to know how to go about
showing what processes run by systemd during boot are saying.  This is
for https://github.com/Rudd-O/zfs-fedora-installer .

For example, I have this one that happens during boot:

"Starting dracut cmdline hook"

I want to show on the console what the cmdline hook might have spat to
standard output.  I  want every single process that produces
stdout/stderr/logging output to show me that output on the console.

The boot time option systemd.journald.forward_to_console simply did not
work (my console is a ttyS0).

What gives?

Thanks in advance.

--