[systemd-devel] How to deploy systemd-nspawn containers and use for deployment

Samuel Williams space.ship.traveller at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 02:29:06 UTC 2016

Hello.

I've been thinking about how I could use systemd-nspawn containers.

Ideally, we have a local container which can then be pushed to one or more
VPS instances.

An example workflow might look like this:

- Step 1: On development box, update some software in a container and test.
It's okay.
- Step 2: Push the container to several VPSs, some procedure to minimise
downtime while updating.
- Step 3: ...
- Step 4: Profit.

For step 2, what would be the best practice. Rsync the local container to
the remote container?

Kind regards,
Samuel