[systemd-devel] Applications using mulitple fork() in SystemD

Raghavendra. H. R raghuhr84 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:03:51 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and exploring Systemd init system and I have a doubt regarding
how multiple fork() from an application is handled in SystemD environment.

I have application of process A, which forks process B and B in turn forks
another process C like A -> B -> C.

*My systemd service file will spawn the application and starts process A
and I can see that only process B is forked but not process C.*

Below given is my unit file.

*[Unit]*
*Description=Multiple fork*

*[Service]*
*ExecStart=/etc/A*

*[Install]*
*WantedBy=multi-user.target*

Instead of running in a unit file, if I run my application manually all the
processes will spawned.
For Eg :
======
cd /etc
./A & ---> this will cause all the 3 process to be spawned

Can anyone let me know how to resolve this issue in SystemD ?
Like *"Type=forking", *do we have any other option which helps in achieving
this problem statement.

--
Regards,
Raghavendra. H. R