[systemd-devel] PAM session hooks for independent session

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 18:02:42 UTC 2016

On 29/10/16 22:20, Brian Kroth wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2016, 07:02 Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net
> <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>> wrote:
>     Am 29.10.2016 um 13:37 schrieb Antoine Martin:
>     > Just like "screen" or "tmux", we want to ensure that some xpra
>     sessions
>     > (aka "screen for X11", VNC-like but seamless) can survive when the
>     user
>     > logs out
>
>     which is not longer true
>     https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/4lebbr/systemd_to_kill_all_user_processes_after_logout/
Our need to manage user sessions will remain "true", I assure you.

> To be fair though, that was just a change in the default behavior. One
> can still disable that functionality in a couple of different ways
> (system wide via system.conf, per user "linger" setting, etc.) if they
> don't like it.
Maybe I should have been clearer, my original message includes technical
questions about implementing session management via pam_systemd and logind.
We are aware of linger, etc - these are not directly related to this
problem. Killing user processes at the end of the user session is by
design, we understand that and we want to participate in this session
management to ensure it does the right thing with our user sessions.

Cheers
Antoine