[systemd-devel] Facility to debug/trace services especially at system startup time

Pathangi Janardhanan path.jana at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 03:17:05 UTC 2016

Hi All,

 What is the best option to do some debug/analysis of the system and the
services started by systemd during initial bootup?

 I would like to use tools like perf and strace etc. on some of the
services. I could do this by starting the service manually but would like
to have all the services that start at bootup and was wondering if there is
a way for me to do this sort of thing, just for the initial boot up time.

Thanks
Jana