[systemd-devel] Sharing processes across services

Michal Koutný mkoutny at suse.com
Mon Sep 19 14:24:30 UTC 2016

On 09/14/2016 01:31 AM, Michal Koutny wrote:
> Currently one PID can belong up to two services
> (manager->watch_pids{1,2}). If more than one why just two? And when can
> such a situation happen?
I've found origin of this change in [1]. Still, I wonder why it is
"interesting to map a PID to two units at the same time". Is
getty->login the only use case? Wouldn't it make more sense to move the
PID to another unit rather than share it?

Thanks,
Michal

[1]
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/5ba6985b6c8ef85a8bcfeb1b65239c863436e75b