[systemd-devel] Is it possible to load unit files from paths other than default paths ?

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:27:17 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Raghavendra. H. R <raghuhr84 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for the suggestions.
> But with this suggestion I need to run as user something like that.
>
> In normal init.d systems, we have environment variables like PATH &
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> No matter where I place my new executable or library, adding that path
> into these environment variables is enough to execute or link the library.

Oh, sure, you still have PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But you weren't asking
about *executables*, you were asking about *service scripts*, and in normal
init.d systems you *don't* have anything like INITSCRIPT_PATH either, do
you? `service` uses /etc/init.d, the boot process uses /etc/rc[2345].d, and
that's it. Isn't it?

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>