[systemd-devel] systemd/automount for multiple users using Kerberos

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 17:58:51 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Sebastian Treiber <
sebastian.treiber at gns-systems.de> wrote:

> Dear members of the Systemd mailing list,
>
> for a long time I have been struggling with a problem which sounds
> relatively easy:
> I have a cifs file server and a Linux (CentOS 7) client. On the client I
> want to mount a share from the file server using Kerberos.
> Only the root user can perform the mount but typically it has no Kerberos
> ticket. A user, on the other hand, has a Kerberos ticket but must not mount
> anything.
> That means the mount has to be done by the root user and the uid of a user
> who has a valid Kerberos ticket has to be used as an option. For example:

cifs supports `-o multiuser`, which allows each UID to use a separate
session. So you can perform the mount as root using the machine credentials
(keytab) or another dedicated account, and each user will automatically use
their own credentials when accessing the share.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>