[systemd-devel] Running a set of group isolated from other services?

Benno Fünfstück benno.fuenfstueck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 11:05:25 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have the problem that I want to run a set of services that are isolated
from the other services. In particular, I'd like to:

* share some environment variables between these services, that aren't
available for services outside the group
* be able to stop all the services in the group and wait for proper shutdown
* (would be nice) load services for the group from a different directory
than the default one
* (would be nice) be able to add transient services to the group with
systemd-run

Is such a thing possible with systemd? If not, is it feasible to implement
something like this (even if it doesn't match exactly what I want)?

Regards,
Benno