[systemd-devel] Upgrade 232 -> 233: user at XXX.service: Failed at step PAM spawning...

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Apr 29 16:19:31 UTC 2017

On Sat, 29.04.17 16:59, Vlad (vovan at vovan.nl) wrote:

> Thanks for the answer. I'd then rephrase my original question: I'd like
> to know what has been changed in the systemd (pam_systemd?) version 233,
> that now it fails to start user at xxx.service? If I downgrade to the
> version 232, then systemd gives the same error, but still starts
> user at xxx.service successfully (pam configuration is exactly the same for
> both systemd versions).

Here's an educated guess: maybe it's not pam_systemd that fails but
pam_keyring, due to the recent keyring changes? (every service know
gets its own fresh keyring set up, maybe the way you invoke
pam_keyring clashes with that?)

Anyway, please figure out which PAM module precisely fails, using PAM
debugging. For that stuff please consult the PAM community or
documentation.

Thanks,