[systemd-devel] question about system reboot and shutdown

Marek Floriańczyk marek.florianczyk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 12:51:40 UTC 2017

Dnia środa, 9 sierpnia 2017 11:51:07 CEST Tilman Baumann pisze:
> On 09.08.2017 11:28, Tilman Baumann wrote:
> > DL;DR
> > UPS shutdowns are tricky. Clean file-systems are not the only concern.
> > But if you can make assumptions about your storage backend you might be
> > able to cut corners safely.
> >
> > In my experience, the only place where you can hook in a non racy way is
> > in the kernel.
> >
> > https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/122557/how-does-the-system-shutdo
> > wn-of-a-linux-kernel-work-internally
> Apologies, I copy and pasted the wrong link
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5938325/how-do-i-detect-reboot-shutdown-> from-a-linux-driver
>
> The magic is here IIRC
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/tree
> /kernel/reboot.c _______________________________________________

NUT looks like quite active based on their website.
Microupsd daemon handles also some switches and leds for the end user, I mean
user can press some switch on the device and daemon will perform an action
described in configuration file, so porting everything to NUT would take more
time that I actually got for this.

Thank You all. I will try to write some simple binary, place it in
/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/
and test it.

Best Regards
Marek