[systemd-devel] Prosody Failed on start

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Aug 11 20:39:49 UTC 2017

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 01:08:08AM +0530, Sabir Mohammed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am installed prosody successfully and it worked without any problem at
> first. After that I reboot the server and again started prosody. But at
> this time, it shows failed message.
>

> * prosody.service - LSB: Flexible communications server for Jabber/XMPP

  First, this is completely wrong. Prosody has system support (https://github.com/daurnimator/mod_systemd),
you should be using normal systemd unit. Here you use init.d SYSV script
via the compatibility layer.
  Probably your distribution shipped something wrong, please open a bug
with them.

> Aug 11 22:35:08 server prosody[1384]: Prosody is still not running. Please
> give it some time or check your log files for errors.
>
> What is the solution.? Anyone help..

  Do as the message say and check the log files. Those should be
in /var/log/prosody/ IIRC.

--
Tomasz Torcz              ,,If you try to upissue this patchset I shall be seeking
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   an IP-routable hand grenade.'' -- Andrew Morton (LKML)