[systemd-devel] Is this list still active? Where can I get basic help with systemd

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Dec 5 17:57:02 UTC 2017

On Di, 05.12.17 11:10, Doug Snyder (webcoach101 at gmail.com) wrote:

Please keep discussions like this on the mailing list. Thanks!
(Readded the CC)

So, I think I figured it out: your service is not a template is it? If
so, you can't use %I. if you drop that, does it work then? (and make
sure to issue systemctl daemon-reload after editing the file).

But yeah, we should generate more useful messages in such a case (but
I am pretty sure we already do)

> I'm using a CentOs-7 x86 minimal install ( I have updated yum )
> I tried to get systemd version per documentation:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.html
> It doesn't work. There's no systemd command to get the version from

Hmm, yeah, we need to update that man page to specify the full
path. Prepped a fix for that here:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/7550

> here's my boot image:
> BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.10.0-693.5.2.el7.x86_64
> root=/dev/mapper/cl_stower-root ro crashkernel=auto rd.lvm.lv=cl_stower/root
> rd.lvm.lv=cl_stower/swap rhgb quiet LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>
> I attached files with some ofthe debug output as described here:
> https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Debugging/#index3h1
> but that documentation doesn't work right entirely either:
> $ /usr/bin/systemd --test --system --log-level=debug > systemd-test.txt 2>&1
> fails with:
> -bash: /usr/bin/systemd: No such file or directory

Oh, uh. That path is out of date. It should be /usr/lib/systemd. Fixed
that now.