[systemd-devel] Is this list still active? Where can I get basic help with systemd

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Dec 5 18:10:19 UTC 2017

Am 05.12.2017 um 19:04 schrieb Doug Snyder:
> At this point two people have said I have an updated systemd which is
> strange because I thought I used the latest CentOS minimal install
> $ systemctl --version
> systemd 219
> +PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP
> +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ -LZ4 -SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS
> +KMOD +IDN

as expected on RHEL7 currently

rpm -q systemd
systemd-219-42.el7_4.4.x86_64

> So maybe it makes sense for me to just update and see if that resolves this.
>
> I don't know how to do that though.
> I found these instruciton but they don't work anymore:
> https://www.certdepot.net/new-systemd-version/

you shouldn't on a some years old distribution with a ton of other not
recent software on which systemd depends - that's the price you pay for
a LTS distribution and expect for 3 machines out auf 25 hence i prefer
to pay the price of Fedora nd two dist-upgrades per year