[systemd-devel] Nested systemd

Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS) Kevin.Boyce at ngc.com
Mon Dec 11 20:14:50 UTC 2017

Good Afternoon List,

I have a question regarding the use of systemd.  I would like to know if it is possible to have two instances of system running at a time?

For instance I have an application that has a very complicated set of startup procedures.  It runs on linux.  I was considering using an instance of systemd with some custom unit files and targets as a self-contained startup procedure.  I was wondering if systemd could then start this systemd instance using an alternate root directory?

Apologies if this is the wrong area to ask.

Kind Regards,
Kevin