[systemd-devel] Disabling tomcat8

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Dec 19 19:05:53 UTC 2017

On Mo, 18.12.17 19:40, Cecil Westerhof (cldwesterhof at gmail.com) wrote:

> There is a system with tomcat8 installed and enabled. At the moment it is
> not used, so I thought it better to disable it.
>
> When I enter:
>     systemctl disable tomcat8.service
>
> I get:
>     tomcat8.service is not a native service, redirecting to
> systemd-sysv-install.
>     Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable tomcat8

This means the service in question is not a native systemd service,
but a legacy SysV service, that is only hooked in with distro-specific
shell glue. If that doesn't work it's not an upstream issue, you need
to contact your downstream distribution for help, as they put together
the shell script glue.