[systemd-devel] network.service not starting at boot

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Feb 14 10:57:30 UTC 2017

On Tue, 14.02.17 13:32, Zohaib ahmed hassan (zohaib.hassan78669 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi
>    I have qcow2 image which i have created with yumbootstrap on a ubuntu
> sysytem. When i try to start the image in kvm i found that networ,service
> is not starting . although networkmanager is working fine . i dont know why
> i am getting this issue here is detail
>
> -- Unit network.service has begun starting up.
> Feb 14 07:45:56 mincentos systemd[1]: network.service: control process
> exited, code=exited status=6
> Feb 14 07:45:56 mincentos systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Bring up/down
> networking.
> -- Subject: Unit network.service has failed
> -- Defined-By: systemd
> -- Support:

This reference to our mailing list is actually misleading. The log
event you are seeing is really something specific to your service, and
you should contact the community of that service instead of systemd
upstream.

More recent versions of systemd actually removed that line.

Please contact the Centos community for help, and ask them what
precisely network.service returning with error status 6 means.