[systemd-devel] udev event to trigger xinput/xmodmap

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 06:34:10 UTC 2017

02.01.2017 09:18, Weiwu Zhang пишет:

> The reconfiguration - like remapping mouse buttons with xinput,
> remapping keyboard keys with xmodmap, has to happen in a much later
> stage. Before endeavouring silly fixes like setting off a background
> process with a timed event, is there a more standard approach to those
> requests?

Buttons can be remapped in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d snippet that has the
same matching capabilities (assuming you run more or less recent Xorg).
Keyboard keys are really better going in xkb rules and you can select
custom layout using xorg.conf.d snippet as well. Note that I have heard
rumors about deprecating xmodmap entirely.

If you still want to use xmodmap, it is something to be done as part of
your X session setup, so really out of scope of udev.