[systemd-devel] DHCPServer not sending DNS information

Oliver Zemann olze at trustserv.de
Sun Jan 8 10:42:00 UTC 2017

Hi, i have some problems with isc-dhcpd (my wifi takes too long to come
up, ath10k_pci bug, so the dhcpd times out) so i thought i will try
systemd's dhcp server as this is bound to the device.
Unfortunately i dont get it working that it provides my wifi devices
with DNS information.
My wifi devices get an IP but no DNS Server.

alarm is the name of the router and the username of the router.

[alarm at alarm network]$ cat 91-wlan.network
[Match]
Name=w*

[Network]
DHCPServer=yes
DNS=77.109.148.137
Address=192.168.7.1/24

[DHCPServer]
PoolOffset=10
PoolSize=100
EmitRouter=yes
EmitDNS=yes
Router=192.168.5.1

[alarm at alarm network]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 77.109.148.137

Maybe someone can also tell me what Name i have to use. Is it wlan0
(this is before the device is fully initialized) or do i have to use
wlp2s0 (it gets renamed, no idea why).
Therefore i thought i just take w* as i dont have any other wifi device
in that machine.

Thanks

Oli