[systemd-devel] nspawn: premounted /dev, /proc, /sys ?

Seraphime Kirkovski kirkseraph at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:02:33 UTC 2017

Hello systemd devs !

Having nspawn run containers with premounted /dev, /proc and /sys has
been on the TODO list for a while now. I'm willing to write a patch for
this as my recent usage of nspawn requires it in some sense.

Before starting, I would like to know if there isn't already someone
working on it in the community.

And more importantly I would like to know if an nspawn capable of
running containers with premounted and prepopulated /dev, /proc or /sys
would be an acceptable thing to have in upstream systemd. I'm asking
this because I saw recently 8274e40d8:

	nspawn: reword notice when /dev is pre-mounted and populated
	(#4971)

where a new error message suggests it is possible to use a premounted,
but not prepopulated /dev. I don't quite understand why using
a premounted, but unpopulated /dev would be useful, but the message let
me think that the opposite is probably undesired.

Cheers,
Seraphime Kirkovski