[systemd-devel] mount ubifs using /dev/ubi0_X path

Mirza Krak mirza.krak at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 22:02:00 UTC 2017

>> On Mon, 23.01.17 17:56, Mirza Krak (mirza.krak at gmail.com) wrote:
>>
>>> Simply running "mount -a" once the system has started up gives me no
>>> issues and /data is mounted according to my specification in
>>> /etc/fstab.
>>>
>>> Also changing my fstab entry from "/dev/ubi0_2" to "ubi0_2" or
>>> "ubi0:data" produces no errors and it is mounted as expected. But I
>>> really want to use the "/dev" and I do not see a reason why it should
>>> not work?
>>
>> systemd only picks up devices that carry the "systemd" label in udev,
>> and do not have SYSTEMD_READY=0 set. Usually the label is added by
>> some udev rule, most likely that's missing for your devices.
>>
>> See systemd.device(5) for details.
>
> Thank you Lennart for your fast response.
>
> Adding
>
>     SUBSYSTEM=="ubi", TAG+="systemd"
>
> did indeed solve it.

I just noticed that the file I ended up editing was 99-systemd.rules,
which is part of systemd. This was the file that made most sense when
I was looking trough all the .rules files I had on my system.

UBI is a common file system that is used on raw FLASH systems, in the
embedded world.

Would you consider adding that line in upstream? IMO it fits along
side SUBSYSTEM=="block", TAG+="systemd" that is all ready in the file.
But I might me "embedded" damaged for requesting this...

Best Regards
Mirza