[systemd-devel] how to add test sysfs nodes, to sys.tar.xz?

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Thu Jan 26 14:36:07 UTC 2017

Thanks for working on the tests.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 09:21:41AM -0500, Dan Streetman wrote:
> However, I'd like to also add tests for whitespace replacement using
> actual device $attr{}, which I think means the test/sys.tar.xz file
> needs to be updated to add device (maybe a NVMe device) nodes that
> include whitespace in its model and/or serial strings - is that how
> new test sysfs device nodes are added?  Updating the entire binary
> seems like a big change just for a few device node files..
It's only 162k. It's not perfect that we have to update it every time
we add tests, but it's not too terrible.

If you're feeling ambitious, you might want to convert that tarball to
a script which generates the nodes. After all, it's just a bunch of
directories, with symlinks and a few simple text files. Then this will
be normal text file and git will be able to track changes to it. This
would a much nicer solution in the long run.

Z.