[systemd-devel] nspawn --overlay and --read-only

Fabien Meghazi fme at odoo.com
Mon Jan 30 17:04:34 UTC 2017

Hi,

With nspawn, when I use the following command:

$ systemd-nspawn --directory=/os --read-only
--overlay=/os/home/foobar:/tmp/home/foobar:/home/foobar
--user=foobar

I expect the user foobar to be able to write in /home/foobar (in the
container) but instead I get a Permission denied.

The man page says:

--read-only:
   Mount the root file system read-only for the container.

Seems like the --read-only is tainting the --overlay option or maybe I
don't get the concept of "root file system" in the nspawn context.
Could someone advice ?

Thanks.

--
Fabien Meghazi