[systemd-devel] /etc/systemd/system/default.target.wants/ no longer checked for unit files

Jérémy Rosen jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
Tue Jul 18 08:27:07 UTC 2017

On 16/07/2017 16:33, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Fri, 14.07.17 10:13, Richard W.M. Jones (rjones at redhat.com) wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6334
>>
>> Since this commit
>> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/2d058a87ffb2d31a50422a8aebd119bbb4427244
>> (in v233 and v234), you can no longer create
>> /etc/systemd/system/default.target.wants/ and drop in service files
>> (or symlinks).  The directory is skipped.  I have reverted the commit
>> on top of systemd from git and that makes defaults.target.wants work
>> again.
>>
>> Is this supposed to work?  It worked fine since at least Fedora 18-25,
>> but it is now broken in Fedora 26.
> The new code in systemd is simply broken, and we really need to fix
> this. The old behaviour was correct.
can I ask a more generic question ?

How should alias and drop-in work ? for all intent and purpose,
default.target is an alias for multi-user.target (or other)

should alias drop-ins be loaded when we start an alias but not the main
names ? should all drop-ins from all alias be used ? only the one for
the one we call ? should we skip drop-ins for the  main name ?

afaik this is an interesting question that is not documented anywhere...

Jérémy

--
Logo <http://www.smile.fr/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine
www.smile.fr <http://www.smile.fr/>
*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique
Email : jeremy.rosen at smile.fr <mailto:jeremy.rosen at smile.fr>
Tel : +33141402967

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> Google%2B
<http://fr.slideshare.net/SmileOpenSource/presentations> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile>

bandeaux_mail
<http://www.smile.fr/Offres-services/Offres/Ingenierie?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planète, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire