[systemd-devel] no user dbus session in container

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 12:27:38 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 2:18 PM Simon McVittie <smcv at collabora.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 at 09:31:36 +0000, arnaud gaboury wrote:
> > Do I really need a per user dbsu session in my container?
>
> I don't know. Do you? You haven't said anything about how you start the
> container,

With the systemd-nspawn@ default unit file with a small override

% cat /etc/systemd/system/systemd-nspawn at .service.d/override.conf

[Service]
ExecStart=
ExecStart=/usr/bin/systemd-nspawn --quiet --keep-unit --boot
--link-journal=try-guest --network-bridge=br0 -U --settings=override
--machine=%i --bind-ro=/home/gabx
--bind=/home/gabx/share:/home/poisonivy/share

how you log in to the container,

sudo machinectl login poppy

> what its purpose is, or how
> (if at all) its purpose interacts with the session bus.

the machine is a web server with http, ssh, ftp, postfix...

> Again, the only advice I can give you based on the information you
> provided is to read the system log and look for error messages.

I am on the journal

> If you believe you have found a bug in some component (systemd or dbus
> or your container manager), the first step in resolving that bug is
> to describe in detail how the bug can be reproduced, including all the
> steps taken and any error messages that result from them.
>
> Since the trigger for this regression was a Fedora upgrade, Fedora support
> channels might be a more useful source of help and information than the
> systemd upstream mailing list (but I suspect the first things they will
> ask you to do are to describe the steps to reproduce the issue and check
> the system log, so you might as well do those first, and include them
> in your request for help).

Thank you again for your patience and answers.