[systemd-devel] sd-bus example code for SetLinkDNS()

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jul 31 15:53:44 UTC 2017

On Di, 25.07.17 13:29, Tilman Baumann (tilman at baumann.name) wrote:

> Little follow-up question. What would you say is best practice for a vpn
> client?
>
> - Add commandline option --update-systemd-resolved or so
> - Autodetect existence of the interface and just do it? (How?)

Just issue the bus commands, and if you get a service not found error back
use the traditional way. If resolved is around it should be used, and
it it isn't then it shouldn't be used... I think making the user
configure resolved usage at two places is just intransparent and makes
things harder for the user.