[systemd-devel] [RFC] AddMatch on a private/direct bus

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Fri Jun 9 13:20:49 UTC 2017

Hi.

We are developing a daemon that is monitoring a system. One of its
sources of information is systemd. To avoid dependency on dbus-daemon
(which may fail and cripple our daemon) the daemon connects to
/run/systemd/private to listen to signals emitted by systemd. However,
we don't need all signals, only a few. Thus we are going to create code
which will filter and dispatch signals.

We think the best place for such code is not our daemon but rather
sd-bus. Our question is: would you accept the patch adding a signal
filter/dispatcher for direct DBus connections? Do you have any
recommendation for such functionality

Kind regards,
--
Łukasz Stelmach