[systemd-devel] udev virtio by-path naming

Viktor Mihajlovski mihajlov at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 1 15:02:53 UTC 2017

On 01.03.2017 04:30, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

> It seems that there's agreement that <subsystem>-<busid> is the right
> approach.
>
> Ideally we would keep the virtio-pci-<busid> links as they appear
> right now, for backwards compatibility, just for the pci devices, and
> mark them as deprecated (dunno where, maybe just in NEWS), and add the
> code to make the links.
>
> I haven't looked at the code, maybe we just do this with the right
> udev rule, and also stick the deprecation comment there?
>
> Zbyszek

I've posted a github pull request [1], and would appreciate review
feedback. As I am lacking an ARM setup, it would also be nice if someone
with ARM skills could have a look as well.
If wanted, I can take a stab at virtio-mmio, but would need the output
of udevadm -a /dev/vda from a virtio-mmio system.

[1] https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/5500

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards
   Viktor Mihajlovski

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Köderitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen