[systemd-devel] Disabling 'Predictable Network Interface Names'

Lucas Ventura Carro useyour.mind at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 08:25:40 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've recently installed a CentOS 7 minimal ISO[1], where I found the new
Predictable Network Interface Naming strategy enabled.

But in my current environment this naming strategy is not viable, and I'd
like to get back to old _unpredictable_ strategy for all the interfaces. So
according to documentation on how to disable[2] there are 2 options:
(1) Creating a symlink
(2) Changing a kernel boot parameter

But, using option (1) doesn't work, and I'm still having predictable names.
It is a CentOS 7 issue? Because '/etc/systemd/network' folder did not
existed in this clean install, I had to create myself.
Inspecting the '/lib/udev/rules.d/80-net-name-slot.rules' will disable
predictable names only if kernel boot param is present.

Thanks!

  [1]:
http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1611.iso
  [2]: