[systemd-devel] How to unset "uaccess" tag in udev rule?

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Sun Mar 12 18:38:13 UTC 2017

Hello,

my distributor sets the following rule in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d:

KERNEL=="uinput", SUBSYSTEM=="misc", OPTIONS+="static_node=uinput",
TAG+="uaccess"

I think this is not a good idea and that there is a good reason why
users can't create uinput devices, so I want to get rid of that rule.

So far I did this by creating an empty file with the same name in
/etc/udev/rules.d which works well, but for no reason the name was
changed some time ago which overrides my empty file and reactivates the
problematic rule.

What I want is some rule in /etc/udev/rules.d which nullifies the above
rule independent on which name the rule file, which creates it, has.

Is this possible and if: How? I tried the following in a file
"/etc/udev/rules.d/99-no-uinput-uaccess.rules:

KERNEL=="uinput", SUBSYSTEM=="misc", OPTIONS-="static_node=uinput",
TAG-="uaccess"

But it doesn't work. Still get the ACL which allows users to write to
that device.

Thanks in advance.

Manuel