[systemd-devel] more verbose debug info than systemd.log_level=debug?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Mar 21 19:58:26 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:04 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> c. Only XFS is left in a dirty state following the reboot. Ext4 and Btrfs
> are OK.

This is incorrect. This problem affects ext4 as well, it's just that
on ext4, while the fs is left in a dirty state, the modified grub.cfg
is still readable and boot is possible. But boot after pk offline
update, always includes journal replay.

Basically these reboots are leaving file systems dirty. I can't tell
from the available information if it's a systemd bug, or a kernel bug.
The file system remount to read-only is failing, and a umount isn't
attempted. And I guess between systemd and the kernel, they're
deciding to reboot anyway, resulting in this problem.

--
Chris Murphy