[systemd-devel] more verbose debug info than systemd.log_level=debug?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Mar 30 10:30:16 UTC 2017

On Tue, 28.03.17 11:31, Chris Murphy (lists at colorremedies.com) wrote:

> OK but it's obviously possible for a developer to run a process from
> root fs, and mark it kill exempt. That's the problem under discussion,
> the developer is doing the wrong thing, and it's allowed. And it's
> been going on for a very long time (at least 5 releases of Fedora)

We expect that people who use this functionality are careful with it,
and we made sure to document this all very explicitly:

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/RootStorageDaemons/

We even say very clearly what the correct way is to detect whether we
are running from the initrd or the host system.

But anyway, I'd claim that the main culprit is XFS here.