[systemd-devel] more verbose debug info than systemd.log_level=debug?

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:37:04 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 1:24 PM, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>
wrote:

> Or to say this differently: if they expect us to invoke some magic
> per-filesystem ioctl() before reboot(), then that's nonsense. No init
> system calls that, and I am strongly against such hacks. They should
> just fix their APIs.

On the other hand, no other init system generally supports exclusions from
the killing spree...

As for freezing, that feature seems to have been made generic in 2.6.28
(FIFREEZE/FITHAW), although I couldn't find much documentation on it. Looks
mainly meant for snapshots and backups – not for regular reboots.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>