[systemd-devel] EnableUnitFiles / DisableUnitFiles

Chris Trobridge christrobridge at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 08:38:57 UTC 2017

Using 230/231:

I just switched from using the systemd Unit interface to control services via dbus to using the systemd Manager interface so that I could control access via polkit-1.

Using EnableUnitFiles and DisableUnitFiles, I noticed the expected changes to symlinks were being made but the unit file status (systemctl status, dbus) was not changing.

Reloading the units files with systemctl reload-daemon or  dbus Manager Reload method cause the unit file state to update.

I don't know whether this is expected behaviour or not but I didn't find it obvious from the documentation so I am putting this out in case it helps anyone.

Regards,

Chris