[systemd-devel] template service unit include.d directory

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Wed May 3 14:28:41 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 07:51:45PM +0530, Anoop Alias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to include extra config for a template service file
>
> PHP70 at .service
>
> ##
>
> I created /etc/systemd/system/PHP70 at .service.d/something.d/test.conf
>
> According to the doc:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.unit.html
>
> "Along with a unit file foo.service, a "drop-in" directory foo.service.d/
> may exist. All files with the suffix ".conf" from this directory will be
> parsed after the file itself is parsed. This is useful to alter or add
> configuration settings for a unit, without having to modify unit files.
> Each drop-in file must have appropriate section headers. Note that for
> instantiated units, this logic will first look for the instance ".d/"
> subdirectory and read its ".conf" files, followed by the template ".d/"
> subdirectory and the ".conf" files there"
>
> What am I doing wrong here?

  I think "instance .d/ subdirectory" would be:

 /etc/systemd/system/PHP70 at something.service.d/

 and the "teplate .d/ subdirectory":

 /etc/systemd/system/PHP70 at .service.d/

 rather than your scheme.

> # systemctl --version
> systemd 219
> +PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP
> +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ -LZ4 -SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD +IDN
>
> OS: CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)

  Always check local man pages. The online pages are appropriate for latest
systed version.  The features described may not exist in such old versions
as 219.

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia