[systemd-devel] [systemd-nspawn] machinectl pull-tar fails because importd it not installed

Frank Scholten frank at frankscholten.nl
Sat May 13 11:56:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have built systemd 233 from source by following the build
instructions in HACKING. Rebooted and logged in again.

# systemctl --version
systemd 233
-PAM -AUDIT -SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP
-LIBCRYPTSETUP -GCRYPT -GNUTLS -ACL -XZ -LZ4 -SECCOMP +BLKID -ELFUTILS
-KMOD -IDN default-hierarchy=hybrid

I can spawn containers and run most commands but when I run machinectl
pull-tar I got this error:

# machinectl pull-tar
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-base/releases/17.04/release/ubuntu-base-17.04-base-amd64.tar.gz
Failed to transfer image: The name org.freedesktop.import1 was not
provided by any .service files

It turned out that importd is not running. The service file is not
installed and the binary is not compiled either. Do I have to change a
configuration setting in the build config?

Then I tried this:

# make systemd-importd
  CCLD     systemd-importd
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/Scrt1.o:function
_start: error: undefined reference to 'main'
Makefile:12835: recipe for target 'systemd-importd' failed
make: *** [systemd-importd] Error 1

Any ideas?

Frank