[systemd-devel] Locale setup for non-shells

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon May 22 17:44:14 UTC 2017

22.05.2017 15:45, Mantas Mikulėnas пишет:

> (Keep in mind that "sourceable by sh" means the value might be quoted and
> with the occassional backslash in the middle – e.g. LANG="en\_US\.UTF\-8"
> is within spec.)

Well, the next sentence goes on with "beyond mere variable assignments,
no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file
without implementing a shell compatible execution engine", so I am not
sure your example satisfies it. Quoting is also "shell feature" of a
sort ...

In general I'd say "shell-compatible" is vague enough to raise all sort
of expectations. It would be better to have formal definition of what is
valid in those assignments.