[systemd-devel] Samba

John Winward john at mrpsystems.co.uk
Wed May 24 07:21:35 UTC 2017

Morning

I have just installed a CentOS 7 system and I hace install many CentOS
platgforms over the years

However, I cannot seem to get SAMBA running and have nenver had issues with
this before?

[root at d3server ~]£ systemctl start
smb

Job for smb.service failed because the control process exited with error
code. S

ee "systemctl status smb.service" and "journalctl -xe" for
details.

[root at d3server ~]£

[root at d3server ~]£ systemctl status
smb.service

 ùÅ smb.service - Samba SMB
Daemon

   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/smb.service; enabled; vendor
preset:

disabled)

   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2017-05-24 08:17:15 BST;
29s ago

  Process: 3731 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/smbd $SMBDOPTIONS (code=exited,
status=1/FAI

LURE)

 Main PID: 3731 (code=exited,
status=1/FAILURE)

May 24 08:17:15 d3server.scolaquip.co.uk systemd[1]: Starting Samba SMB
Daemo...

May 24 08:17:15 d3server.scolaquip.co.uk systemd[1]: smb.service: main
proces...

May 24 08:17:15 d3server.scolaquip.co.uk systemd[1]: Failed to start Samba
SM...

May 24 08:17:15 d3server.scolaquip.co.uk systemd[1]: Unit smb.service
entered...

May 24 08:17:15 d3server.scolaquip.co.uk systemd[1]: smb.service
failed.

Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in
full.

[root at d3server
~]£

*Regards,*

*John Winward*

*[image: Description: Description: Description: LogoEmail]*

*Tel.:     01638 751172*

*Mob :   07887 944855*

*P* *please consider the environment before printing this e-mail*

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Confidentiality: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above
named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you
must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to
anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error. Security
Warning: Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge
that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise
that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

MRP Systems
Registered office: Keepers Cottage, 15 Dane Hill Road, Kennett, Newmarket,
Suffolk CB8 7QX, United Kingdom
Registration No. N/A   VAT Number 720 1210 11