[systemd-devel] Systemd -- Using Environment variable in a Unit file from Environment File

Raghavendra. H. R raghuhr84 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 09:36:30 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I'm in the situation where path of my server changes due to version change.
I don't want to modify my systemd unit file everytime, instead I want to go
ahead with my environement file for modification.

My Env file system.env contains environment variables

system.env
========
SERVER_PATH=/home/raghu/TAP/server/V110

In my systemd unit file I have included this enviroment file.

Tap.service
========
[Unit]
Description=Starting TAP server

[Service]
EnvironmentFile=/home/raghu/system.env
*WorkingDirectory=${SERVER_PATH}*
*ExecStart=/home/raghu/TAP/out  "./server.js"*

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

I'm stuck with the below error

*error: Cannot find module '/server.js'*

${SERVER_PATH} is not set to my WorkingDirectory. Instead of using this
variable, if I give the absolute path, my unit file works well.

Need help in resoling this issue.

--
Regards,

Raghavendra. H. R