[systemd-devel] Group of temporary but related units?

Benno Fünfstück benno.fuenfstueck at gmail.com
Sun May 28 17:13:40 UTC 2017

Hey list,

what would be a good way to manage temporary development environments with
systemd? For example, if I quickly want to spawn up an environment where my
service + perhaps some db or a queue or some other services are running. It
would be nice to reuse systemd's service management capabiltiies for this.
Or should I really write two sets of unit files for my services, one for
spinning up a testing / development environment using some other
supervision suite + another one for deployment with systemd?

Perhaps there is a more lightweight alternative of systemd-nspawn, that
doesn't require root and doesn't replace the file system?

Kind regards,
Benno