[systemd-devel] udev

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Wed Nov 1 14:36:16 UTC 2017

On 11/1/17, Greg KH <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 10:04:19AM -0400, David Henderson wrote:
>> Good morning Lennart, thanks for the follow-up!  At this point I am
>> only interested in building a particular program (udev) from the
>> systemD collection, not help building a distribution.  And I think if
>> I tried to contact LFS about this, they would direct me to this
>> communication channel since this is where the people who build and
>> support the programs are located.  As a side question, is there a
>> place to just acquire the udev portion without all the other parts or
>> did that get merged into this suite only?
>
> Again, I would look at how Gentoo does it in their build scripts.
> That's your best bet, and if that doesn't work, you really are on your
> own as the source code is not set up to only extract one program from
> the whole system, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the reply Greg, I will check the Gentoo script again later
this afternoon.  I got a couple of other tips from others that I am
going to try also.  Is there a place to just get the udev code instead
of all of systemD?  I tried looking online, but it appears that the
only solo versions are old.  I guess this got merged into systemD for
some reason?

Thanks,
Dave