[systemd-devel] Homepage systemd.conf 2015 unmaintained / abused?

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 14:30:35 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 2:31 PM Shuang Liu <shuangistan at gmail.com> wrote:

> The following looks strange:
>
> Sponsors
>
> systemd.conf 2015 is only possible by the financial support from
> sponsors. Our current sponsors include Madison Roofing and Eau Claire
> Attorney.

I guess the systemd.events domain was unregistered and some shady SEO
company brought it back up, with changes. It's just that one page, with all
original links removed and images getting pulled from the Wayback Machine.

I think this is false advertising and probably illegal under laws such as
the Lanham Act.