[systemd-devel] How to disable systemd multiseat feature?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Nov 13 15:08:08 UTC 2017

On Mo, 13.11.17 17:21, Farhad Mohammadi Majd (farhadbenyamin at yahoo.com) wrote:

> Hello, I have a old PC with Debian 9 and GNOME 3.22 installed on, I
> don't need to multiseat feature, so I want to disable this feature to
> reduce RAM and CPU usage, because GNOME Display Manager (GDM) is always
> active. How to do that?

I am sorry, I am not grokking your question. Are you sure you mean
"multiseat"? Multiseat is a concept that only is relevant if you have
actual multiseat hardware. And if you don't the basic building blocks
in systemd are essentially free, they don't consume resources.

If you want to disable graphical login, then that has nothing to do
with multiseat. Usually something like "systemctl disable --now gdm"
or so should do that.

But then again, I don't really grok the question, so maybe that's not
what you are looking for.