[systemd-devel] [systemd memory-leak] leak in systemd version 195

Shekhar arya shadowcat.arya at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 16:30:35 UTC 2017

Hi Guys,

I am using systemd v195. With normal system operation, there is a little
increase in the system's memory. But, when I run certain commands to get
big files over ssh every 30 minutes, I see that the system go unresponsive
after 3 days. Further analysis led to the root cause of the issue as
systemd memory leak. There is an increase of around ~200MB in the VM. This
increase is contributed by ~44MB in heap and ~160MB in certain section of
the systemd which I am not sure.

1. Yellow section is the increase from 1.3MB to 45.6MB,

​

2.  Again yellow section is the increase from 3.6MB to 168 MB. I am unsure
about this section. Can you guys help me understand this section which is
leaking memory?

​

--
regards,