[systemd-devel] systemd vs udev automount

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 8 18:43:21 UTC 2017

> From: Zbigniew Jedrzejewski-Szmek [mailto:zbyszek at in.waw.pl]
>
> I don't see why you'd need to use automounting for a partition on the
> main disk. Just put it in /etc/fstab in the usual manner, and it'll
> get mounted very early in boot.

As I recall, I added udev-extraconf a couple of years ago when I wanted
one of my systems to be portable to different motherboards or different
mass storage devices. I didn't want the user to have to edit fstab somehow
before putting the system together. If I get rid of udev-extraconf, is
there a way to use a mount unit to specify a partition by some sttributes,
e.g., a FAT file system with a volume name of FOOBAR? Or is there a way to
do this directly with a udev rule?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com