[systemd-devel] udev

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 15:45:03 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017, 18:26 David Henderson <dhenderson at digital-pipe.com>
wrote:

> Good afternoon all!  I have been looking for the udev source code to
> compile the library and utilities and it appears it is bundled in the
> systemd software.  I have run autoreconf to generate a configure
> script (using version 233 since I don't have meson), but could not see
> a way to just compile this software.  How do I accomplish this?

You could run `make systemd-udevd libudev.so`.

I'm not sure how to package just udevd. Maybe take a look at how distros
like Gentoo achieve this.

Note that sooner or later you *will* need to install meson. The overall
process will be similar though, with `ninja` also accepting individual
targets to build.

> --

Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>
Sent from my phone