[systemd-devel] Is there a way to override the "Where" option in mount units?

Jérémy Rosen jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
Tue Oct 31 10:33:45 UTC 2017

you could mask the original unit and symlink it with a new name in /etc

you could probably use Alias= in the [Install] section to have that
automated at install time... not sure if that would work, some testing
is needed.

On 31/10/2017 11:19, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to set up a redundant nfs server but the problem I'm
> currently running into is that I need to move the
> /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs mountpoint outside of /var/lib/nfs.
> The original mountpoint is handled by
> /usr/lib/systemd/system/var-lib-nfs-rpc_pipefs.mount which comes as part
> of the nfs-utils RPM.
> So my initial naive idea was to create a drop-in in /etc/systemd/system
> and override the "Where" option but that's when I learned that this
> option cannot differ from the mount unit filename.
>
> This creates a dilemma for me since I shouldn't modify the original
> mount unit both in principle and because it would mess up things
> horribly when updating. Due to the limitations on the mount unit
> filename I cannot create a drop-in directory either though so I'm not
> sure what the appropriate way to handle this situation is.
>
> The only way I can think of is to disable/mask the original mount unit
> and create a completely new one or is there another way to deal with this?
>
> Regards,
>    Dennis

SMILE <http://www.smile.eu/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine

*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique
Responsable de l'expertise Smile-ECS

email jeremy.rosen at smile.fr <mailto:jeremy.rosen at smile.fr>
phone +33141402967
url http://www.smile.eu

Twitter <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> Github
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu
<http://smile.eu/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planète, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire