[systemd-devel] Store journal logs to different journals(location) based on Filters

Julian Andres Klode jak at debian.org
Wed Sep 20 11:55:59 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 06:13:40AM +0000, P.R.Dinesh wrote:
> Is it possible to store journal logs matching specific filters to different
> journal files in addition to the main journal using some journald
> configurations?
>

> For eg.,  All journal logs of severity critical and above should be stored
> in /var/log/critical/critial.journal in addition to the main journal.

Why? I mean the point of journal is that you can do this querying later
on via journalctl, so there's no point in storing them in different
files - just specify the priority you are interested in to journalctl
instead.

--
Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev
                  |  Ubuntu Core Developer |