[systemd-devel] How to change XDG_RUNTIME_DIR permissions

john terragon terragonjohn at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 17:27:10 UTC 2018

Hi.
As far as I understand the XDG_RUNTIME_DIR (in debian it's /run/user/<user>) is created by the logind service.I want to make the socket of the pulseaudio server of one particular user available to all the others. In debian that socket is in $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/pulse/. The problem is that $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is created with 700 and even if I change (after it's been created) the permissions to 711, they are automatically changed back to 700 after few seconds (security feature?). Is there a  way to specify to logind (if that is indeed the service responsible) the permissions with which  $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR should be created?
Thanks
John.