[systemd-devel] Using lldb in coredumpctl?

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:48:43 UTC 2018

coredumpd has definitely become one of my favorite systemd components since
it makes debugging segfaults far easier than otherwise. However, for
various reasons, I prefer using LLDB to GDB. Unfortunately, coredumpctl's
gdb command is hardcoded to run, well, GDB.

My idea: what if there were a 'coredumpctl lldb' command, which did the
same thing as 'coredumpctl gdb', except...instead running LLDB.

Of course, this could be done with a new switch, but 'coredumpctl gdb
--lldb' seems a little idiosyncratic...

--
Ryan (ライアン)
Yoko Shimomura, ryo (supercell/EGOIST), Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else